As we age our face develops wrinkles, builds fats, making us look older. Aging cannot be denied, but what we can do is change our appearance. Plastic surgery or more specifically, cosmetic surgery significantly helps us look younger and beautiful. Facelift is one of the widely known treatments accepted by models, celebrities, and individuals who wish to look charming and attractive.
Facelift performed by a certified surgeon effectively rejuvenates the facial skin without any identification of the surgery. While the surgeon duly performs his/her duties, it is up to you to take care of the skin and maintain the results of post-surgery. Negligence after facelift surgery can result in extreme negative effects making your look from good to bad and even worse.
Proper skincare will help you in speedy recovery from the surgery, supported by quality products. In order to get the prolong results of facelift surgery, you must know the products and the right ways.
Best Beauty Products To Use After Facelift
Many excellent products are available in the market that deaccelerates the aging process and maintain that youthful look. Companies sell these products with several brand names. But what one should look upon are the ingredients and chemicals used in preparing them.
- Hyaluronic Acid Rich Moisture Creams: Hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in our body. It helps retain moisture and make our skin more plumpy and smoother. One of the essential ingredients present in every anti-ageing skin product, it removes the wrinkles and fine lines, making skin smoother and beautiful.
- Tighteners with Retinol: While Hyaluronic acid is a must, we should not forget the properties of retinol. It’s better to use vitamin-packed lotions with Vitamin C, B5, retinol, nourishing oils as essential ingredients in them. Retinol boosts collagen and encourages elastin.
- Sunscreen: It is generally not advised to go out for a week or two if you have undergone facial surgery, but if it becomes mandatory, take proper precautions. Wear adequate clothing and apply sunscreen up to 30 SPF (if you are out in the sun for a considerable amount of time). Additionally, avoid applying sunscreen on the incision area as it might get infected.
- Antioxidant Face Cream: Use serums and moisturisers with high concentration of antioxidants and fruit creams made of berries. A combination of antioxidant with B3, collagen peptide, resveratrol works wonders on the skin and gives you a fresh, younger look.
With ingredients, it is essential to look at the brand reputation and its value. Only buy products from trusted brands having medical-grade certifications.
Moreover, focus on how you can make your skin better internally. Here are some tips you can adopt after post-facial surgery to avoid the disasters
Post Facial Surgery Skin Care
Change in the body takes time, and you cannot expect immediate results. Post-facial surgery, you might experience swelling, but there is no need to panic as it is a part of the process. Implement these steps to take the most out of a successful plastic surgery.
- Keep Head Elevated: You can reduce the swelling and accelerate the healing process by keeping your head elevated. It’s not about a week or two, just keep it for two to three days, and you will see the results.
- Eat Healthy: Whether it is a normal surgery or a complicated one, preparing your body from inside helps in speedy recovery. Eat meals rich in nutrients and vitamins. Add fruits, leafy vegetables and whole grains to your diet. It will not only help in recovery but will also prove beneficial in maintaining the facelift results.
However, you must avoid foods that are hard to chew as it may cause problems in incision areas. Eliminate sugars, honey, from your diet.
- Icing and Pressure Applying: Pain may follow post-surgery so, you can apply ice gently on the skin (not directly, only in pack bags) or heat as prescribed by the surgeon. It is crucial to follow the surgeon’s instructions if you want the best results.
So, if you properly take care of your skin after the surgery, you will get the results the way you expected and trying the products mentioned above will definitely help you maintain that bright, glowing and youthful skin.