For over a century and quarter, the name ”Omega” has been associated with style, perfection and elegance. Ever since its inception, the Omega Watch Company has been striving for perfection through its innovative ideas in design and technology. From co-axial escapement technology to the creation of the Moon watch, Omega wristwatches have always worn the tag of timelessness. Today, Omega Watches have become almost synonymous with high-end luxury lifestyle.
About Omega Watches: Origin and Company Profile
The origin of Omega watches can be traced back to the year 1848, when Louis Brandt founded Omega SA at La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Today, it has its base in Bienne (Switzerland) and is owned by the Swatch Group. The Omega Speedmaster Professional Chronograph is said to be the first watch worn on moon by the American Astronaut Edwin Aldrin. Besides conventional wristwatches, Omega is also known for its pocket watches, pocket and wrist chronometers, master clocks, official watches (for railways, hunting, army, and celebrities), diving_ watches, and travel clocks.
Types of Omega Watches
Over the years, Omega has come up with some of the most stylish designer watches that have become a craze among the rich and famous worldwide, making them the hottest fashion accessory of our times. Some of the popular watches available both for males and females are:
- Constellation – This includes double eagle chronometers/chronographs/quartz/perpetual calendars, automatic, quadra, quadrella and mini varieties
- Seamaster – This consists of models like planet ocean, aqua terra, railmaster and are especially designed for divers and racers
- Speedmaster – This consists of models like professional, broad arrow, legend series, and a limited series that was launched to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the company De Ville – This comprises collections like co-axial, prestige, and X2.
Apart from these, Omega also launches specialty collections as official partners of showpiece events like the Beijing Olympics of 2008.
Omega Brand Ambassadors
Over the years, Omega watches have earned both popularity and loyalty from the best in the world. Today, ”Brand Omega” is associated with some of most Rich and Famous personalities worldwide. The following list carries the names of some of its proud owners:
- Michael Schumacher
- Michelle Wie
- Cindy Crawford
- Nicole Kidman
- Michael Phelps
- Pierce Brosnan (James Bond Movie)
- Daniel Craig
- George Clooney
- Ellen MacArthur
- Alexander Popov
- Ernie Els
- Ian Thorpe
- Dean Barker
- Sergio Garcia
- Eugene Cernan
- Abhishek Bachchan
Omega Sports sponsorships
- Official Timekeeper for the 1932 Summer Olympics
- Official timekeeper for the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Official timekeeper for the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Official timekeeper for the 2010 Winter Olympics