How To Pop A Zit
Before we tell you how to pop a zit let us also remind you that the best way to get your pimple busted is to get it treated by a cosmetologist or dermatologist. This would ensure that you do not cause further damage to your skin.
However, if you are in too much rush, and want to do it yourself, you should be careful in following the instructions properly so as not to damage your skin or leave any scar or mark on it.
- Decide whether your pimple is the kind that you can pop
Take a close look at your pimple. Remember not all zits can be or should be popped at home. If you want to pop a zit, pop only the whitehead pimples. These are the ones that have been on your skin for a few days. When you notice these closely you can see that these have a white tip where the pus has collected beneath the skin. These are comparatively easy to pop when the popping is done with care and can be removed without suffering from any scars or infections. But there are other kinds of pimples too. Zits that are big, red, sore and painful should not be popped. Popping these would make you susceptible to a lot of pain and also infections, bleeding, deep scars etc.
- Prepping before you pop a zit
- Wash your hands well. This is of vital importance. Wash thoroughly making sure that you cover under your nails and between your fingers. Use adequate soap and water for the purpose. You may even use warm water.
- Now clean the skin that surrounds your zit. This is required because when you pop the zit you also open the skin from where bacteria may enter and create an infection. A clean surrounding negates that chance leading to a faster recovery and healing. Cleaning also helps you to remove the excess oil, makeup, dirt or sweat. For this purpose you may simply rub the area with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol, or use an antibacterial facial cleanser.
- While cleansing, do not scrub hard to irritate the area in any way. Gently cleanse and then pat dry with a soft towel or wash cloth.
- Now boil some water, and when the steam begins to come out pour it in a bowl. Place your face over the bowl covering your head with a towel so that the steam does not escape. However, your skin should not be too close to your skin or it may burn your skin. The steam would help you to open up pores. That way you can remove the pimple more easily without leaving any scar.
- It is recommended that you use disposable gloves during the whole process. If you don’t have a disposable glove handy you may wrap your fingers with a clean tissue.
- Instead of using your fingers to remove the zit, you may also get yourself a tool that is used at the salons to remove blackheads and whiteheads. These tools are easily available in any beauty store. Disinfect the tool before you use it to pop your zit.
- Actual Procedure of popping the zit
- Plant the tool or tips of your finger on the peal of the pimple, which is the highest point usually located in the central area. Place a fingertip on either side just below the tip where the whitehead exists. At this point you should coax your fingers to gently bring out the fluid from the sebum filled area.
- If no pus comes out you have not positioned your fingers properly. Try a slightly different position around the pimple. If the pimple is ready to be popped, the pus would come out. If not, then you tried to pop your zit a little too early. You shall have to wait for a couple of days before you try again unless it goes away on its own.
- Now gently massage the skin around the zit to encourage any remaining pus to come out. Keep doing it until you drain out the pimple altogether.
- Remember that you are not supposed to squeeze or irritate in any way the actual pimple. What you are massaging is the area of your skin adjacent to it.
- Once done, wipe the area with an antiseptic solution to prevent bacteria buildup.