What is acne?
Skin Care Tips for Acne
Acne looks small, but is one of the biggest skin problems. Every problem has its solution and so acne also has a remedy. With right acne skin care, you can easily get rid of acne for ever. If you have consulted a skin specialist and the concerned person has provided you with some acne skin care, then you must follow it. It is true that acne is not a severe problem at all, but if you don’t act on time the problem will grow bigger and in extreme cases, your skin might suffer from permanent scarring and other skin problems. You can get rid of acne very easily, if you become very conscious the moment it appears on the surface of your skin. With some special considerations and routine acne skin care you can bid goodbye to acne.
Acne Skin Care Tips
- Wash your skin gently:With acne skin problem, you must wash your face with mild cleanser for at least twice a day. This will prevent the pores of acne from accumulation of any dirt and pollutants. If you are a professional and stays outside for longer period of time, then you must wash your face for at least thrice in a day. This is because your skin remains exposed for longer period of time. While washing your skin move your hands in a circular motion and in a gentle manner. Scrubbing is a strict no-no for acne affected skins. This is because scrubbing only contributes in worsening the situation and skin suffers more.
- Choose the right cleanser:Cleanser plays an important role in treating acne. You must choose cleanser that supports your skin type. With acne affected skin, if your suffers from any allergies, the problem might go out of your control. You can consult any skin specialist to know more about the right cleansers. It is highly recommended that unless you have oily skin, you must not use astringent. However, instead of applying astringent to the entire face, you can apply astringents over the oily portion of the skin.
- Avoid tanning and sunburn: As a part of acne skin care sometimes medications are used. These medications tend to tan and sunburn the skin. A sunburn contributes in turning the skin to red and suntan makes the skin more darker. This results in turning the skin more drier. With over exposure of skin in sun, may result in skin cancer.
- Use less or no-makeup: As a part of acne skin care, you must try to use minimal or no makeup. This is because makeup contains chemicals that might give rise to added skin problems. When the skin is suffering from acne, you must understand that your skin is weak and feeble and extra care and attention is required. If the other healthy pores of the skin remains open, then they will breathe freely. This will gradually help your skin in returning to its normal and healthy conditions.
- Eat Healthy, Look Healthy: A balanced diet is the first step towards a healthy, glowing skin. You diet should include all the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrition supplements which contribute in the smooth functioning of the internal organs. Eat lots of green vegetables and fruits but avoid excessive fried foods and fatty milk products. Stay away from caffeine, chocolate, carbonated beverages and iodized salt since these can trigger the outbursts of Acnes.
- Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water everyday as it cleanses all the toxins from your body.
- Consuming dairy products rich in Vitamin A and fruits/vegetables rich in beta-carotene helps reduce the production of sebum, which in turn prevents the growth of Acnes and Pimples. Vitamin A is found in Eggs, milk, cheese, fish oil, liver and cod, whereas carrots, pumpkin, apricots, broccoli, spinach and leafy vegetables are a rich source of beta-carotene.
- Crush two Garlic Cloves and dab them on your face twice a day for relief from blackheads.
- Applying potato juice regularly on your face for 15 minutes will help you get rid of Acne scars and keeps your skin clean.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to Dried Orange or Pomegranate Skin and turn it into a fine paste. Apply over Acnes and Pimples thrice a week and see the scars disappear!
- Cloves and fenugreek leaves are two of the most effective natural ingrdients used in making anti-acne face packs.
- Apply the gel in a Vitamin E capsule on Acne-affected area and leave it on overnight. Rinse off next morning. Apply a coat of honey and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Wash it off and massage gently with a moisturizer. This is a perfect homemade solution to prevent new breakouts. Follow this regime for 2-3 weeks and experience the transformation yourself.
- Stay away from spicy foods and spices like cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, mustard, garlic, onions and black pepper since they stir up the body heat and can lead to new breakouts of acne.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants; for ex- Cherries, Raisins, Blueberries Plums, Oranges, Red grapes, Spinach, Corn, Eggplant, Broccoli and Red bell peppers.
- For getting rid of Acne scars, mix lemon juice, ginger juice and yogurt in equal proportion and apply every day for 2-3 weeks and thereafter thrice a week.